Specialist PCB Materials and Applications used at Faraday Printed Circuits
Arlon's materials are used in a variety of applications, including wireless communications infrastructure, military and commercial avionics, and semiconductor test and measurement equipment.
Taconic materials are used for microwave, RF and high speed digital applications. Applications include LNAs, LNBs, PCS/PCN antennas, GSM and UMTS antennas, power amplifiers, filters, passive components, automotive cruise control, aerospace guidance telemetry, phase array radar, etc.
Rogers manufacture high frequency laminates for applications in the wireless base station and advanced chip packaging industries, materials have a range of dielectric constants, low dissipation factor, and controlled mechanical properties and some materials priced for low-cost commercial applications.
Aluminium backed laminates provide a ready made solution for PCBs requiring superior thermal management compared to conventional FR4-based materials. Benefits are;
- Faster heat removal from high power density devices
- Lower peak temperature compared with standard PCB substrates
- Superior heat dissipation beyond the capability of standard PCB substrates
- 2 W/mK thermal conductivity, 6-8 times higher than FR4
- Uniform conductivity in vertical and horizontal axes as dielectric contains no glass layer
- Extends life expectancy of power devices by reducing device temperature
Nelco material used for commercial and military critical microwave components, antennas and subassemblies.